The Concrete Bloc

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Boss of Motorhead

I was sitting in my house watching an interview with Lemmy Kilmister on a 25th anniversary Motorhead concert DVD. Lemmy is the singer, bass player and head honcho of Motorhead. Most of the interview was what you expect when Lemmy was touched by genius.

It went something like this:

Interviewer: You've been in other successful bands like Hawkwind but it only lasted a year or so. What it is that made Motorhead last 25 years?

Lemmy: Well I kept getting fired from other bands. So I thought I'd start my own. They can't fire me then.

I sat a changed man. I have only been fired twice in my career, about a 20% firing rate. I wasn't fired from Amazon. But listening to Lemmy I decided it was better to be boss of Motorhead than bass player of Hawkwind.

Am I scared by this? A little. Am I excited? Totally. Enough people have hassled me to blog my struggles so for now I will write the meta thoughts here on blogspot.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hmmmm so does this mean you'll be starting your own thing? :)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger brentcu said...

For sure I'll be starting something. I decided to expose the pain of figuring that out via this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home